Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ode to Crochet

If you only know one thing about me you should know this:

I Love My Husband. ;-)

But if you know TWO things about me: I also love to crochet.

It's been 14 years since I took up this little hobby. I've tried crocheting lots of different things but I seem to be best at making afghans. It has given me hours of good times, and during some of the most stressful times in my life it has literally kept me sane.

(so to speak)

I'm starting a scrapaghan. That's an afghan made out of scrap yarn from other afghan projects. For no particular reason, I wanted to post some pictures of some of the afghans I've made over the years. These are in no particular order, but my scrapaghan will be made out of yarn from pretty much all of these. If you want to see all of them, I have them all on my Facebook account.

For Harmony, back in 1998.

For my Grandma Hebdon, Christmas 2009.

For my Mom, Christmas of 1996. The first afghan I ever made.

For baby Kylee, fall of 2006.

For my nephew Bailey, fall of 2009.

For my Cousin Tabby. Summer of 2002.

On the left, for my sister Mandy, spring of 2003. On the right is a quilt made for her by my Grandma Hebdon.

For Daniel's sweet Mother, Phyllis. Christmas of 2002.

For my sister Emilee, summer of 1997.

For baby Sabrina, summer of 2009.

Second afghan for my Mom, she loves the 4th of July, made for Christmas 2009.

For my niece Gabriel, fall of 2009.

For my nephew Cannon, Christmas of 2008.

It is going to be a very colorful scrapaghan. I will post a picture of it when I am finished.

Hope everybody is having a great day!

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Tonya, beautiful pictures of the wedding. The afghans are gorgeous. I just remembered I need to give you my address I will email it to you.

Jenster said...

Wow! Nearly speechless. Those are amazing works of art. With a family that dabbles in crafts, I am amazed! Beautiful creations!