Thursday, June 3, 2010

Saturday

I think Saturday was the best day of the whole trip. It started out with a trip to Newport to visit the Oregon Coast Aquarium. Daniel and I have been here many times but today was the first day of their new exhibit, Swampland. They had many swamp creatures, most of them being ginormous snakes. I was glad my Mom wasn't there!
Here is a picture of Mandy and the kids swimming with piranhas. Cannon climbing a mangrove tree root. Touching an alligator. I touched it too, it felt like a purse to me! A warm purse, but still. This is a blue-tongued skink. Cannon went to touch it and went "eeewww!" But soon he got braver and was soon petting it like a puppy. Kylee liked the aquarium too, but Cannon was in total awe. He loved everything and we had a hard time getting him to move on to look at new things. Here are a few pictures of the rest of the aquarium adventure.
Giant Tortoise, Cannon loved it. Jellyfish. Kylee's favorite along with Starfish. Cannon was again, in total awe. This is the touch pool. Cannon could have stayed all day on this one exhibit. They had starfish, sea anemones, clams and so on. Watching the Sea Lions swim by. Cannon REALLY could have stayed here all day. We eventually made it to the children's play area, where Kylee was very content. They have a bunch of animals for the kids to play on. Big gold turtle from their turtle exhibit a few years ago. On the way home we stopped and took a look at the Devil's Punchbowl.
Then we went to Deope Bay , which I think is my favorite place on the entire Oregon coast. We did MAJOR souvenir shopping and took some pictures of the boats going into the bay.I got some caramel popcorn which Cannon shared with me. And we fed some to a local squirrel. When this child smiles, the world smiles with her. Just look at this shot. All-in-all, it was a happy, happy day. I wish Mandy and the kids could come back and we could do the whole thing over again!!!
LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!

No comments: