Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Cospers On The Coast

This last week has been totally awesome! My sister Mandy and her two adorable kids were here and we had a blast on the coast. I wish the sun would have come out more, but it really only rained on us on Friday and we were still able to spend time on the beach on Memorial Day. Here's some pictures and the low-down of the trip.

THURSDAY

Mandy and the kids flew in at 9:30. We live 2 hours away from the airport, and I had to get up at 6, which for me, is like the middle of the dang night. (I usually hit bed around 1 and wake up around 9. One of the benefits of being unemployed.) We got to the airport about the time Mandy was getting her luggage. I wish I had a picture of the kids with their backpacks and little rolling suitcases. It was so cute! We had total strangers commenting how cute they were rolling their carry-ons around the airport.

Once we picked up Mandy's rental car, we headed to the Columbia River Gorge to look at some waterfalls.
First to Wakeena Falls

Then to Multnomah Falls

and finally to Horse Tail Falls

After that we went to our Aunt Pam's in Troutdale and she very kindly fed us lunch. She was WAY more prepared for the kids than I was, she had TOYS! After playing indoors, we went to the back yard where the kids played soccer. The kids were getting kinda sleepy by this point, so we headed for Lincoln City. They slept on the way. We didn't go straight to my house however, first stop was the D River Wayside, better known as THE BEACH!!! But it was really windy, so we didn't stay very long. The kids were so excited by it all, I could tell they would need a good night's sleep. We had mac and cheese for dinner and then they went to sleep. In fact, everybody but me fell asleep watching "Happy Feet."
I think is was a very successful first day. Well, one day down, five to go!