Sunday, April 12, 2009

Taft

Daniel and I recently went down to the "Taft" area of town. It's the southern most tip of Lincoln City just before Siletz Bay. We've been down there a couple of times for dinner at the famous "Mo's" restaurant, but we had never explored the shoreline. So, on a recent beautiful day, we went down there to watch the sunset. Here are some pictures:

There was drift wood everywhere. This bunch looked like modern art to me.


This one is a little hard to see. Across the opening of Siletz Bay from us were some sea lions enjoying the sunshine. Over on the left hand side is a sea lion pup. A few moments after I took this picture a boat went past the sunbathers and the little pup wiggled back behind his mother for protection. Have you ever seen a sea lion move on land? It was the cutest thing I've ever seen!

The sun started setting in spectacular fashion...

and it was an amazing end to an incredible day.

After the sun went down, Daniel and I decided to have dinner at the famous "Mo's".

I had fish and chips, I'm really starting to like sea food.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

I can't tell you how I envy you living on the coast. Its about time you started to like seafood! JK