Saturday, September 20, 2008

Super Saturday

Hey everybody. Today was Super Saturday in my RS, and I did 2 projects. It was a lot of fun to sit down and chat with the sisters in my new ward. The first craft I did was a Halloween wreath. I painted the little decorations and made the bow, then I hot glued some eucalyptus branches to a straw wreath. After the hot glued dried I spray painted the whole thing black. Then I hot glued on my doo-dads and voila. (French for "I have a wreath")

The second craft I did was less complicated but way more frustrating. I put some vinyl letters on a tile for a nice decoration. The first thing you have to do is rub the letters onto the transfer paper. THIS TAKES FOREVER! Every time I thought I was done, some little bit of the vinyl would stick to the backing paper. Finally I got it all on the transfer paper and then set it on the tile. I then rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and NOTHING HAPPENED!!!

It wouldn't stick to the tile no matter what I did. So finally I asked the sister who was in charge. After rubbing for a few minuets herself, she finally ran her hand over the tile. Turns out the tile I was using had a porous surface and the vinyl wouldn't adhere to it. So, after a change in tile, I was able to come away with this.

It looks nice and Daniel is going to put a little shelf on the wall in the living room so I can display it. I don't have any Halloween decorations, so the wreath will be nice here in a month or so. The other great thing about Super Saturday was the hot spiced apple cider they were serving with brunch. I haven't had hot cider in a long time and it tasted really, really good.

Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

Emilee said...

Holy poo man. You are so FUNNY!!! I was watching your videos....good times. I was laughing super hard like so hard i thought i might pee a little! P.S. I HAVE A BLOG NOW!!

Robin said...

The tile is bee-ootiful.

Tonight there's a meeting with several other wards regarding boundary changes. Ya think they'll realign us with you guys?