Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bountiful Harvest


Today was one of the most BEAUTIFUL days since we moved to Lincoln City. It was 72 and sunny with the perfect breeze. Daniel and I both had the day off for the first time in forever, so we went to the Newport Farmers Market. There was so much produce to choose from because all the local farms are harvesting like crazy. It all looked so good, but I came home with:

1 Very Large White Sweet Onion

2 Green Bell Peppers

1 Banana Pepper

4 Tomatoes

1 Bunch 'O Cilantro

3 Peaches

4 Nectarines

4 Golden Apples

I'm going to make homemade salsa with the tomatoes, peppers, cilantro and some of that gigantic onion. (I'm the only one in my household that eats any of this stuff, so that onion is going to be in a lot of my food!) The fruits I'm just going to eat as snacks because that's how I like 'em!

While we were there, I mentioned to Daniel that I wished my Mom could be there with me, she would have loved the farmers market. He said I'd already said that twice. That's only because it's true. I DO wish my Mom were here!!!

Have a great weekend everybody!

1 comment:

Kelly and Heather said...

I am so glad that I have your page now. Thanks!! How are you guys doing? love ya.