Saturday, May 22, 2010

He Who Said 'A Job Well Done Never Needs Repeating'...

...obviously never did any housework. It is Saturday and my day to clean the dang house. Today, however, it's turning out to be a dragon I'm not sure I can slay.

My awesome sister Mandy and her two adorable kids are coming to Lincoln City for a visit on Thursday. (Woot!) I'm super excited about it, but today I'm looking around and going: THIS PLACE IS NOT NEARLY CLEAN ENOUGH!!!

How is it that you can live in a place, look around, and be satisfied with it's cleanliness, but when company is coming all the sudden it is a cluttered, dusty shack not suitable for habitation.

Needless to say, I've spent the last 4 hours cleaning my house and I still have a list a mile long of stuff I want to clean, dust, sweep, vacuum or wash before Mandy gets here. The upshot of all this is that no matter what I do, it will still be a 70's-era cabin by the lake with orange carpet and ONE BATHROOM. For Daniel and I, it does just fine, but when we have company it gets a little harder. (We love having company by the way)

Well, we do the best we can I suppose. The hardest thing is figuring out what to do with Daniel's sword collection. Mandy's kids are 3 and 2 and we don't want them getting hurt. I can see 5 swords from where I'm sitting, and the kids would be able to get at or touch 4 of them, so they will all have to be moved. I should have made Daniel collect stamps.

I am so looking forward to this visit from Mandy even if I don't get my house up to "company standards". I hope we have a great weekend. And I hope Mandy's expectations aren't too high. :-)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Totally don't worry too much about any of this. I am betting it will be even messier by the time we leave. I spent all day Saturday washing walls and I couldn't believe how dirty they were and how many little finger prints were everywhere. We are going to have a great time no matter what. Can't wait to see you.