Friday, December 5, 2008

Our Thanksgiving

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of our Thanksgiving this year, I needed to get fresh batteries for the camera and didn't do it in time.

Notwithstanding, our Thanksgiving was great. It started when Daniel and I woke up and enjoyed the Macy's Parade on TV. (BTW my favorite part of the parade was when Rick Astley turned up and "Rickrolled" the whole of New York City.) While that was going on, I made Thanksgiving breakfast, which consisted of pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage and hot chocolate with whipped cream. After breakfast we watched football, and got ready for dinner.

We were invited to Brandon and Virgina Ford's house. They are a great couple in our ward. In addition to Daniel and I, they had 2 of their kids and their families, plus the retired Baptist Minister and his son from next door. (Sounds like the start of a joke doesn't it?
6 Mormons and a Baptist Minister were having Thanksgiving together......) Needless to say, it was an INTERESTING group! The food was fantastic. We all had a wonderful time. I made Daniel's Favorite Potatoes, or DFP as I've started calling them, so we wouldn't break with our own little tradition. Everyone seemed to enjoy them. We had pumpkin and apple pie and peanut butter brownies for dessert. It really was a wonderful night. THANKS FORDS!!

No comments: